Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Sea of Tranquility


The Sea of Tranquility

Author's Synopsis:. Full of rage and without a purpose, former pianist Nastya Kashnikov wants two things: to get through high school without anyone discovering her past and to make the boy who took everything from her pay. All 17 year-old Josh Bennett wants is to build furniture and be left alone, and everyone allows it because it’s easier to pretend he doesn’t exist. When your name is synonymous with death, everyone tends to give you your space. Everyone except Nastya, a hot mess of a girl who starts showing up and won’t go away until she’s insinuated herself into every aspect of his life. The more he gets to know her, the more of a mystery she becomes. As their relationship intensifies and the unanswered questions begin to pile up, he starts to wonder if he may ever learn the secrets she’s been hiding or if he even wants to. The Sea of Tranquility is a slow-building, character-driven romance about a lonely boy, an emotionally fragile girl, and the miracle of second chances.


 My Review: This book is indescribable for me. It is everything and nothing I have ever experienced. I felt every emotion possible while reading this book. Never have I had such a serious emotional reaction while readin something. At any given moment i was crying, shaking, laughing, bitting my nails, and yelling at it. I honestly don't think I have ever read such an honest book. Honest in the sense that these charecters were so real, their pain and self sabotage so acute that I felt it in my bones. I dont think I have the vocabulary to do it justice, so maybe I will stop at that. Please if you read no other contemporary YA Books this year pick up This book and "Puing the Limits" they have created a category all their own.


I might get some slack for this but my favorite charecter in this book wound up being Drew. I love him, i love his charecter's journey and while Nastya and Josh were so incredible, it was Drew that stole my heart. The answer to Nastya's mothers' question: "who is she to you" and than he replies simply: "Family" OMG it tore a whole right through my heart that this book will own forever. I need to read it again, and then again, because I have a feeling that there are beautiful pockets hidden in this book that I missed while reading it feverishly the first time around, and Damn it I'm intent on finding them. That ending? OMG --- SOB CENTRAL!

June 2003 can't come fast enough so I can own a copy of this book for my shelf. While it saddens me that there is no sequel, I feel like their story is complete. but I'm selfish damn it and I want, need more!!! Spin-off book with Drew's story ????? I'll be heading that campaign :)

this is an 8 STAR book.. 5 of 5 stars false

2 comments:

  1. Great Review! I'm excited to read this : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete