Friday, August 17, 2012

Onyx


Publisher's Synopsis: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks. Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems. Something worse than the Arum has come to town.The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard. But then everything changes, I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me? No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.

My Review: WOW! 24 hours after reading this book and I am still at a loss for words. This book pretty much picks up where Obsidian left off and never stops. The pacing is intense and it is a serious page turner. One of the things I love most about this book is all the action, and they’re not kidding when they say not everyone survives. It is an emotionally packed ride that will leave you gasping for breath.
One of my favorite things about the series is Katy and Daemon's chemistry. OMG its hotttt. Daemon's hott. And when he says "I think reading is so sexy" I think i basically fell out of my chair haha hello new book boyfriend are you available on Saturday? Speaking of book bfs, Katy and her book obsession really does make me feel closer to her. When share a passion that not many people get and I love that. What I don’t love? There amount of time and f*ck-ups it takes her to get to the A-HA moment of ..'I think I like really like daemon black'....Um duh! (*bangs my head against the wall several times*) I'm hoping we're done with all that!!

Best news about this series? Author Jennifer L. Armentrout announced on a Q&A on her blog that the next book Opal will be out in December 2012..thats like 4months away, eeek!!! ALSO that after Opal there will be 2 more books in the Lux series that alternate between Daemon and Katy's point of view!!!! ~ Are you sure its August bc it feels like Christmas to me :)

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

No comments:

Post a Comment