Sunday, July 22, 2012

Confessions of an Angry Girl

Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1)
Publisher's Synopsis": Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make... #1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you? #2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine. #3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?) Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.
(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)


My review: I give this book 3.5 star.. It was provided by HarlequinTeen as an ARC from NetGalley.
This is the story about a 14 year old girl who has just entered high school as a freshman, Rose Zarelli. her father was recently killed in Iraq where he tool a job as a contractor there after loosing his job and needing to support his family. Her mother, a therapist, and her older brother who just left for college are all still dealing with his death. Rose's voice/pov sounds much older than 14 and i feel as though the tone of the book (being relaly focused on sex, losing your virginity, binge drinking, bullying) has a lot of serious issues. Dealing with things that myself, and the daughters of friends that are that age, werent really doing yet. I think that if the age of the girl was slightly older than I wouldve personally A) Been more comfortable with the plot B) feltit was more believable/bought into it. The fact that she was able to do all that she was doing because her mother wasn't paying any attention to her is unfortunatly what happens a lot more than not. Overall I thought that the story was interesting but the charecter of girls that tormented Rose were just plain mean. Not sure if i will read the sequel or not? Jury is still out..

3.94 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment