Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Obsidian

Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Publisher's Synopsis: Starting over sucks. When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. And then he opened his mouth. Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me. You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is

My Review: Seriously, believe the hype!! This book is incredible! I read it in 12 hours and couldn't sleep until I was finished at Midnight.. First off there is nothing ground-breaking here plot wise. Cute/Shy/prety new girl meets hott/mysterious/douchebag boy who inexplicably hates her at first sight, saves her against his better judgement, and is hot and cold every 3 minutes. Except for me there is something fresh here. At first the 'alien' plot made me skeptical but I totally bought into it. The hot scences were seriously hottttt and the cold scenes were definitly cringe worthy. Overall I really loved the plotline through out this whole book for two main reasons:

1. Katy's relationship with Dee was a central point in this book and I love when the romance has the same importance as female friendships. Dee and Katy's friendship was great and not filled with any mean girl antics like some books (ie- Hush Hush)I really felt for Dee and how lonely she was also, it was great that Katy was willing to risk her life not for Daemon but for Dee. Thats awesome!
2. Katy and Daemon didn't disolve into people they aren't or into a relationship that changed them over night. The fact that in the end, they're still fighting, still hot and cold was great. So many times charecters personalities completly change once they 'get together' and the badass all of a sudden becomes this doting knight in shinning armor. Well Daemon is no hero and Katy is pretty bad-ass on her own. I cant wait to see how their relationship develops (or not) in the next book and hopefully there will be lots more Daemon half naked :)
I can not wait till August I'm literally counting down the days until this book is in my hand! The writing was great and I'm looking forward to finding another book by this author. Borrowed it from a friend on my kindle but I will def be buying this for my book-shelf..This one is a keeper!!!
 
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

No comments:

Post a Comment