Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Thoughts...

Today I have a terrible case of the Modays!!! But to get me through this day I started a new book!! "Obsidian" by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This is part of the Lux series and a book I have wanted to read for a few months now. So far so good..lots of one liners and I like that! In this book the main charecter Katy has delt with the death of one of her parents and I am finding this to be a trend in the books I have been reading lately. I can think of at least 6 books off the top of my head that have been published in the past year and where one if not both parents have died. Is death the new divorce? I think this is so interesting and I wonder if I'm the only one.. Do you think it's odd that a lot of plots focus on this and are these authors trying to say something specific or do you think that it's just a device to move the plot forward?! Something to think about, leave a comment and let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment