Friday, July 6, 2012

Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits

Publisher's Synopsis: "I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise." Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that-did you? It was done to you?" No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked.
So wrong for each other...and yet so right.
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again

My Review: In the words of Echo Emerson: Oh. MY. God. Where do I even begin? "Pushing the Limits" by Katie McGarry was incredible. The writing was amazing, the plot kept you guessing and Noah Hutchinson is the most swoon-worthy bad boy i have come in 'contact' with for quite some time!! The romance and tension in this book is palpable, like my kindle might just go up in smoke!!! Through the two main charecters, Echo and Noah, the POV/story telling switces back and forth. We get to here the story continued but not in a choppy way. I was unsure of that device but it really, really worked fo ths book, it is absolutly one of my favorites now..

The only complaint I have is the design of the ARC- there were no chapter numbers or even indentations to let us know the point of vie was switching, sometimes in the middle of a paragraph. I would have to stop reading and go wait that's not Noah talking anymore its Echo. In the beginning it was seriously annoyin but in the end I was able to complete the book. Since this was the fist ARC i've ever read im not sure if they usually are sent in this condition, but hopefully not.

Thank again to Net-Galley and Harlequin Teen for providing the ARC and this beautiful story to me!!! Cant wait to buy it and add it to my collection.
 
5 of 5 stars false

No comments:

Post a Comment