Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Darkness Before Dawn

Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn, #1)

Publisher's Synopsis:  Only sunlight can save us.We built the wall to keep them out, to keep us safe. But it also makes us prisoners, trapped in what's left of our ravaged city, fearing nightfall.After the death of my parents, it's up to me--as the newest delegate for humanity--to bargain with our vampire overlord. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the monsters. Then again, nothing could have prepared me for Lord Valentine . . . or his son. Maybe not all vampires are killers. Maybe it's safe to let one in.Only one thing is certain: Even the wall is not enough. A war is coming and we cannot hide forever.

My Review: This book is written by a mother and son writing team under the name JA London. Darkness before Dawn was incredible. I feel like i didnt have a lot of expectations going into this book. Between vampire fatigue and the fallen-esque choice of cover art I was wary but hopefully optomistic. The bottom line? This book did not disapoint! It was incredible. I loved the vampire/dystopian plot. I love Dawn was a charecter, shes strong and wants to folow her heat but also do the best with the position she is given. She's also speacial, something about her is different but we don't know what and i like that it is still a mystery!!! I cant stand her boyfriend Mike, its kind of refreshing to have a Male charecter who is kind of a dick and who's ego is constantly on the line or needing to be stroked, seems more like a normal teenage boy depiction to me.

Victor is incredible and I fell in love with him the minute he gave Dawn that gift HAHA!!! There romance is something that hits Dawn out of no where, somthing she strugles and fights against, she doesnt go triping after him into the dark. She slowly comes to the realization of her love and that moment was intense and so gratifying.

I also enjoyed the vampire lore, mytholoy and politics of Old Families, lessers, etc. Valentine is a formidable foe and had me shivering in my 'boots'. The pacing was great and the climax was a shocker! The book ended on an insane cliffhanger but lucky me, my book included the first chapter of "Blood Kissed Sky" so my momentery freak out last only that, a moment :) Also this book is written by two authors and quite honestly, i couldn't tell, Some books Like Beautiful Creatures you can hear almost two different voices and in this one you couldnt!

Bottom line : new favorite Vampire book series for sure. IS IT DECEMBER YET??!! :)

5 of 5 stars false 

No comments:

Post a Comment